Kenneth Jesse Tobey (1917 – 2002). American stage, film, and television actor, who performed in hundreds of productions during a career that spanned more than half a century, including his role as the star of the 1957-1960 Desilu Productions TV series Whirlybirds.
- "In that film, Tobey—with his naturally red hair on display in vibrant Metrocolor—portrays a highly competitive United States Army Air Service officer." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Tobey
- "Kenneth Tobey probably has the reddest hair in the world." https://www.newspapers.com/clip/5718124/the_paris_news/
- "His red hair was also spotted in many other sci-fi films." http://airportjournals.com/whirlybirds-background/
- "Tobey's small role in director Howard Hawks' comedy "I Was a Male War Bride" in 1949 so impressed Hawks that when he was producing "The Thing," he cast the red-haired actor." https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search…
- "Craggy faced and red-headed, the actor Kenneth Tobey made nearly 100 films and was a prolific player on stage and television." https://www.independent.co.uk/…/o…/kenneth-tobey-123341.html