Calvin Coolidge (born John Calvin Coolidge Jr.; 1872 – 1933). American politician and lawyer who served as the 30th president of the United States from 1923 to 1929. Coolidge restored public confidence in the White House after the scandals of his predecessor's administration, and left office with considerable popularity. As a Coolidge biographer wrote: "He embodied the spirit and hopes of the middle class, could interpret their longings and express their opinions. That he did represent the genius of the average is the most convincing proof of his strength".
Scholars have ranked Coolidge in the lower half of those presidents that they have assessed. He is praised by advocates of smaller government and laissez-faire economics, while supporters of an active central government generally view him less favorably, though most praise his stalwart support of racial equality.
- "Coolidge later explained that he wore the hat to keep his unruly red hair out of his eyes while shaving." https://www.calvincoolidge.org/p/grace-anna-goodhue-coolidge.html
- "He also had the nickname "Red" for his red hair." https://www.ducksters.com/biography/uspresidents/calvincoolidge.php
- "The red hair of his youth turned sandy in maturity." http://presidentialham.com/u-s-presidents/calvin-coolidge-with-ham/
- "He has red hair tinged with gray." https://books.google.it/
- "Those looking down from the galleries noted that Coolidge's hair was a somewhat brilliant red." https://coolidgefoundation.org/resources/the-inauguration-of-calvin-coolidge-as-vice-president-of-the-united-states-march-4-1921-a-centennial-remembrance/